Thanks to all new and loyal customers who visited our booth Friday and Saturday, June 17-18 at Central Maryland’s Swinetastic BBQ Festival!
This was our first major outing since starting The Old Colony Company last fall. We had a great time meeting new friends, talking soap, meeting with other vendors, and, of course, eating the best BBQ on the planet. The Old Colony Company was a proud silver level sponsor for the event, the proceeds from which benefited the American Cancer Society.
We introduced several new products at the festival. We were overwhelmed by your positive feedback. As a result, we will be adding the following items to our website in the coming weeks:
New Goat Milk Soap
- Oakmoss & Sandalwood
- Eucalyptus & Calendula
- Bay Lime
- Lemongrass & Ginger Shampoo Bar
- Wooly Bullies (Soap felted with alpaca wool)
New Bath & Body Sets
- Men's Shaving Kit – bay rum and lime shaving goat milk soap, organic boar’s hair shaving brush and handcrafted shaving mug made exclusively for us by Fire Robin Farm Pottery.
- New Soap & Lotion Bar Sets – based on popular demand, we will be offering gift sets that include two or three goat milk soaps of your choice, a lotion bar of your choice, handcrafted soap deck and hand knitted body cloth
Our customers' ideas for new scents were inspiring. Over the next few weeks, we'll be trying out the products you would like to see us carry, and give you updates on the blog and via Facebook and Twitter.We also want to send out special thanks to the following businesses who made our first major outing memorable:
- Chris Carter, Owner of CarterQue for organizing the event and being a great host
- Mason Dixon BBQ Services for their generous gift of the award winning ribs
- The Logo Shack for helping us set up our (second) booth tent
- Every vendor who provided much needed moral support when we our first booth was destroyed in a rainstorm on Thursday evening, and when we lost some of our inventory in a brief but powerful hailstorm on Friday afternoon. Your kind words and helping hand will always been remembered.
We are looking forward to seeing all of you at next year's festival.
Last but not least, we'd like to thank our family and friends, especially those who helped put together our booth and came out to see us – The Old Colony Company exists because of your constant encouragement and support.
We are currently updating our event schedule for the summer and fall. Stay tuned for a list of future events!